MLB news 5/12/18

1. Matt Harvey pitched his first game for the Reds last night, and he did pretty good. In a short start, he had 4 shutout innings, and only one hit allowed.
2. The Toronto Blue Jays have placed Marcus Stroman on the 10 day DL with shoulder fatigue.
3. Cubs IF Ben Zobrist calls out MLB in Instagram post after being warned by them not to wear black cleats. Zobrist said in the post "Dear MLB, I still like you, but this is ridiculous. For the last two years, I have worn black spikes exclusively at Wrigley Field for day games to pay homage to the history of our great game, and now I am being told I will be fined and disciplined if I continue to wear them."
4. Giants OF Andrew McCutchen returned to Pittsburgh for the Giants 3 game series against the Pirates and received a generous salute from the Pittsburgh faithful. He was greeted with a standing ovation and 90 second video clip tribute.

Comments