Taking in a game at Toronto's Rogers Centre


   I was idle for a while because I went to Canada, and while I was there I got to witness a game at Rogers Centre in Toronto, as the Boston Red Sox were in town and playing the Blue Jays. I thought I'd write about it. Rogers Centre is only the second MLB field I've ever been to, with Fenway Park being the other. The Centre is much bigger than Fenway, but they didn't get a ton of attendance on this night, as you can see. Chris Sale was pitching for the Red Sox, against David Phelps. 

   The game started without a run for a couple innings, and then the Red Sox tacked on 2 runs on a Rafael Devers double. He was originally called out at second but a replay review overturned the call, and he was safe. The Blue Jays got one run back, and then Christian Vazquez belted a homer to straight away center field. Things then fell apart for Boston, giving up 5 runs and losing the game by a 6-3 score. I took various pictures throughout the night, and I thought I'd share them.

The Rogers Centre scoreboard

The CN tower right behind me

Chris Sale

Second Baseman Eduardo Nunez

First Baseman Michael Chavis

Left Fielder Andrew Benintendi

Comments