Cora shows desire to return to MLB


*Photo from CNBC*
   Former Houston Astros bench coach and Boston Red Sox manager Alex Cora would like to return to MLB, potentially in time for the 2021 season. Cora was handed a one year suspension by commissioner Rob Manfred for his role in the Houston Astros sign stealing scandal, which also resulted in his firing from the Red Sox. Cora is eligible to return when the 2021 season starts, according to Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe.

   Cora said that "If this was a regular time and they were playing games, I would say yes, I would love to be back in 2021 in some capacity. I love managing at the big-league level. I know it’s not going to be easy, as far as people giving me a chance, they are going to look back and then they are going to have to make up their minds. But at the end, I’m paying the price. I'm embarrassed. I’m sorry for what happened. And we have to move on." 

   Previously, Cora said he might not end up returning to baseball, and that managing in the MLB was the farthest thing from his mind due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic worldwide, but he seems to have changed his mind. Ron Roenicke is the current manager of the Red Sox, but his contract expires after this season, which has prompted a lot of speculation about the Red Sox possibly re-hiring Cora next winter. In his two seasons managing the Red Sox, Cora has a 192-132 record, along with the 2018 World Series title to go with his 11-3 postseason managerial record. 

Comments