Welcome to Strikeout Central: What to expect


   Since this page has gotten a boost in readers lately, and with not a lot on the news front, I figured I'd write out a little post to the new readers so they can understand what's gonna be posted here.

   First of all, thanks for reading. I've always enjoyed baseball, in fact, I play it myself. But since I probably don't have a future in the major leagues, I figured I'd start writing about it, back in 2018. I always have felt that I have good quality content on here, and the recent boost in readers makes it seem that other people think so too, so I thank you for that.

   So here's what to expect from this page. Obviously, if this was a normal year, I'd be publishing a game recap or two every day to sort of keep you guys updated on the games you might not be able to watch, or a team you might not be able to follow. Obviously this is not a normal year, so I've approached my posts differently. With no games to report on, I've started new things this year, such as the offseason reports, I released the top 100 prospects list on here for the first time, and I started doing mock drafts. Since this year is also the start of a new decade, I also wrote about every world series winner from the last decade. 

  But hopefully, I'll be able to do those game recaps somewhere in the near future. Obviously, with the season hanging in the balance for MLB, there might not be any MLB game recaps this year, which I don't want to have to be the case. But if it turns out to be the case, I'll shift to the other side of the world and I'll start doing game recaps of the Korean Baseball League, or the KBO. They started their season about a month ago, but I've held off on doing KBO recaps because I still am hoping for an MLB season to happen. 

   I also will post about some general baseball news as well. If this were the normal season, I'd talk about any trades that take place, usually around the trade deadline, or really any point in the season that they happen. Since I can't do trades at the moment, I'll do injuries, season updates, that kind of thing. So I am adapting with the situation around baseball, and whether there's an MLB season this year or not, I'll be here, posting daily. 

   So thanks for coming here once a day to read my posts. This is what you can expect from me for the remainder of this crazy year that is 2020. Here's to hoping we get baseball this season. 

Comments