Stroman blasts former teammate Grichuk


*Photo from CBS Sports*
   New York Mets RHP Marcus Stroman might have started a rivalry. On Twitter, Stroman found out that former teammate and Toronto Blue Jays OF Randal Grichuk liked a tweet from retired MLBer Aubrey Huff that accused Stroman of kicking 30 minor leaguers out of a weight room when Stroman was with the Blue Jays. 

   Stroman then attacked Grichuk and Huff, saying that "Huff and Grich are probably best friends. This doesn't surprise me one bit. Lol Canada will never tolerate racism though!" After the fact, Grichuk attempted to explain himself, saying that "I did not like the tweet because Stroman liked tweets bashing me last year, this is nothing personal. I liked it because it is true. It's a known story around players in the Blue Jays team/system."

   Stroman had a response to that, calling it false. He also said that "You've done nothing but talk about me behind my back. Consistently, I've always kept my mouth shut and let it slide. Ask YOUR teammates and Canada who they rather have on their team ... you or me. I already know the answer. Continue to underachieve and talk s--t about teammates!" 

   Stroman's Mets and Grichuk's Blue Jays are scheduled to tango for 3 games, from September 11-13 in Canada, or wherever the Jays end up playing their home games. The Blue Jays traded for Grichuk from the St.Louis Cardinals before the 2018 season, where he was teammates with Stroman until Stroman was traded to the Mets before the trade deadline last season. 

Comments