Hanley Ramirez signs with Cleveland


Well, I think I'm going to start showing a little more opinion on my posts, this is a blog after all. For the first time since May of last year, Hanley Ramirez is on a baseball team. Ramirez has signed a minor league deal with the Cleveland Indians, according to Ken Rosenthal. Honestly, I think Hanley was starting to care a little bit more about the results of his play and actions before the Red Sox released him, and I was shocked when they did, but they still won the world series after all. He has sharply declined, and when he joined Boston in 2015, he hit .260 with 78 home runs over his time in Boston. I'm not surprised it took this long for him to get a contract, who wants an old guy going through a sharp decline? Baltimore was thinking of signing him last season, but I guess they didn't want to be laughed at more. If Hanley somehow makes the Major league roster, Carlos Santana and Jake Bauers will be ahead of him on the depth chart at DH and first base, and if he can prove he somehow has something left in the tank, maybe he goes back to the outfield.

Comments