Cease believes he may have had COVID-19


*Photo from the Chicago Sun Times*
   When the COVID-19 worldwide pandemic was at it's worst in April, Chicago White Sox RHP Dylan Cease believes he may have had COVID-19. After opening day was pushed back at least 8 weeks, Cease flew from Arizona to his home in Georgia, where he was in close contact with COVID-19. Cease believes his brothers girlfriend had COVID-19, as she was sick for 3 weeks, and was living with Cease and his brother. 

   Cease said of his worries that "Every day I was waiting for it." He continued on, saying that "I was reading that usually within the first seven days you'll know ... so every day I was telling myself, 'OK, it's less likely I'm going to get it, less likely, less likely.' And once she was in the clear and then it was a week later and I still wasn't sick, I was like, 'All right, I'm either immune to it or she didn't have it.' But we're pretty sure she had it." 

   That prompted Cease to wonder where she could've gotten it from, and he thinks it could've been him, on his flight back home. He said that "It could have been from me. We don't really know, I was traveling. I was just coming from Arizona. I was on a plane, at the airport. It could have been from me, but I didn't have any symptoms of anything." 

Comments